An extension of the ongoing project ‘Developing a collaborative BGP routing analyzing and diagnosing platform’
Tsinghua University (THU)
This proposal is an extension of the ongoing project ‘Developing a collaborative BGP routing analyzing and diagnosing platform’. 17 National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) in the Asia Pacific region participated in the ongoing project, which has established a distributed Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing monitoring platform and a Cyberspace Governance Technology Forum (CGTF) Looking Glass platform. 15 NREN partners set up sessions with the BGPWatch platform and 7 NREN partners set up connections with CGTF Looking Glass platform.
The project will:
- Develop an integrated Looking Glass platform, which can leverage many Looking Glasses and return data to users.
- Use Looking Glass to further check routing hijacking at the data plan, and to improve detection accuracy.
- Develop path hijacking detection and routing leak detection.
- Continue to maintain and fix bugs in the BGPWatch platform.
- Continue community development and engagement, and international collaboration.