The following is the list of approved projects for 2017-2018:
Raising Cyber Security Capability and Awareness:
A SECURE AND RESILIENT INTERNET INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DEVELOPMENT IN THE PACIFIC
- Project Duration: 1 July 2017 – 30 June 2019
- Donor: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – DFAT, Australia
- Main objective: To strengthen Internet security in the Pacific by fostering and supporting the development of Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) at the national level. This will be done through a bottom-up, research-led capacity building program for selected security personnel, policymakers, relevant government departments, ISPs and telecom operators in the region. The outcome will be a more cohesive, integrated and trusted security community measured by the number of people trained and engaged and CERTs established.
Gender Equality & Scaling Digital Innovation
- Project Duration: 1 November 2017 – 31 October 2019
- Donor: International Development Research Centre – IDRC, Canada
- Main objective: Scale-up digital innovation for projects focusing on gender equality and foster women’s leadership in the Internet for development sector.